Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage

Monya Sun

The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years) Empty
    PostSubject: The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years)   The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years) EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 2:08 pm

The stoic faced professor sat at her desk, papers fluttering magically through the air as they sorted in front of her, her wand steadily pointing back and forth between the piles as she muttered to herself.

It would be her first official lesson, aside from the practice lectures she had given during her training programs at the alchemy school she had attended. Monya knew there were a lot of things these students would have to review over the course of their first lesson; the four elements and which were best for transmuting, and that she did not plan to abridge the information just because it was her first time teaching.

Images of the students spilling the materials or stealing metals or crystals from the classroom flashed through her head, and she almost chuckled at the absurdity. Likely the students would be reserved at first, and Monya reminded herself that first impressions of the students could be misleading, but she was confident in her ability to keep them in line and interested in the subject.

The handouts began to slow down, just a few left unsorted, before they finally were finished and she was able to set up the desks. The classroom had long, parallel lines of one person desks, each equipped with a thin red seat cover to mask their uncomfortable, lumpy back rests. She figured the classroom wasn’t cleaned up or taken care of very much since the class was considered an elective by most. Any true or professor should know the significance of teaching alchemy, she told herself as she placed a small leather satchel on each of the desks. The materials in them caused a small thud to echo across the mostly empty classroom as they landed.

Just as she finished the last row of desks, she looked up towards the footsteps she could hear outside of the double doors of the class.

(ooc: I'm really really sorry about the late post; I'll make future posts in the lesson are posted quicker.)
    Back to top Go down
    Melody Lovegood
    Melody Lovegood
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years)   The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years) EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:58 pm

Melody had heard about their being a new lesson in the potions classroom. She didn't know a lot about alchemy but she doubted the academy would have this class if it wasn't important.

She would just have to give it her best shot she decided before stepping into the classroom. Looking around there didn't seem to be anyone there yet expect for the professor. She briefly greeted the professor before sitting down.

She waited patiently for class to start, neither dreading nor looking forward to seeing her fellow classmates again. She hadn't exactly made a lot of friends so far.
    Back to top Go down
    Cassana Brennham
    Cassana Brennham
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years)   The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 9:11 am

Cassie had awoken early, eaten a hearty breakfast and was excited to start her Alchemy class so she grabbed her backpack, making sure the items she'd need were shrunk so she'd have extra space to place more items in. Her hair was curled, as she preferred it lately, and despite the cold weather she refused to wear pants instead she wore a black skirt that ended mid-thigh with a white blouse tucked into it and grey boots with a black heel and placed a Warming Charm on her before she bounded into her alchemy class.

"Hello Professor Sun," she greeted before taking a seat next to the only to the only other student in the classroom. She offered the blonde, pixie-cut haired girl her hand.

"My name's Cassana, but please call me Cassie," she said, "are you a Potioneer major too?"
    Back to top Go down
    Melody Lovegood
    Melody Lovegood
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years)   The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years) EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 7:23 pm

Melody noticed someone enter and cheerfully greet the professor before coming over to her seat and introducing herself. She recognized her from around campus although she had never spoken to her before.

"Nice to meet you Cassie," Melody said. "Yes I am. I'm Melody." She shook the girl's hand and gave her a smile. There was no reason to be rude even if the sudden friendliness had taken her by surprise.

She wondered if she should have given a nickname as well but no one called her one. If Cassie came up with a nickname for her it probably wouldn't bother her.
    Back to top Go down
    Ariel Wilde
    Ariel Wilde
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years)   The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years) EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 7:02 am

Alchemy. Now, Ariel absolutely loved potions, but alchemy? Alchemy was her stars and moon. This was the mystery of Potions, it was the thing that really separated potions from what muggle scientists did. Alchemy was magic, and magic was beautiful. Ariel was more than excited for this subject. She was literally running to the class, and not because she had little time, no, not at all, but to just be there and wait in anticipation for the class to start.

So when she entered the classroom, she instantly sat down in the front, giving a grin at her two other classmates and beaming at her professor. This was going to be great. She instantly took out a notepad and quill, not necessarily because they would do much writing, but she definitely would. She would be absorbing the words of the professor as if her life depended on it. Alchemy!!
    Back to top Go down

Aria Mallark

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years)   The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years) EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:15 am

Aria made his way to his Alchemy class, he had taken Alchemy in 6th at Hogwarts by distance education but sadly the Professor retired after one year, he was excited to be studying it again. As he walked in his shoes jingled as for he had skilfully sewn metal charms on them, charms which were suppose to increase the flow of zen energy.

He found a seat near the front of the room and gazed around the room in dazed state "Oh Professor this room has such positive energy flowing through it, it just fills me with whim!" he exclaimed

He turned to look at the girl sitting not far from him, who he believed to have a similar sounding name to himself "Don't you agree?" he asked her.
    Back to top Go down
    Ariel Wilde
    Ariel Wilde
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years)   The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years) EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Ariel looked up from her notes about how the classroom looked (she had to put down every detail, down to the bricks of the floor) when a guy walked in and sat down not far from her. He looked happy. And excited. Ariel couldn't help but grin at him. He seemed as happy to be there as she was -though Ariel was still in internal dispute about why potions was always placed in the dungeons. Hogwarts had magic. Merlin's Academy had magic. So what was the thing about dank and dark dungeons!?

But she loved how ecstatic the guy seemed. Ariel had to nod vigorously at his question directed at her. "I definitely do! Hey, I don't think I've met you. I'm Ariel," she said happily, reaching over to extend an arm. After all, the lesson had yet to begin.
    Back to top Go down

Aria Mallark

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years)   The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years) EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 12:28 am

Aria was pleased to hear that the young woman agreed with him, this is something which didn't happen to often. The girl then introduced herself as Ariel and offered her hand.

Aria took it slowly "Ariel...Ariel.." he muttered under his breath "Im Aria, Ariel nice to meet you". He said, he still had a hold of her hand and was staring intently around the outline of her head "You have got a clouded aurora, guess you must have a lot on your mind, you should try and find peace in your everyday life" Aria stated and released her hand.

Back to top Go down

Monya Sun

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years)   The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years) EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 4:27 pm

The professor gave a quick nod of acknowledgement to each student as they entered, smiling at the enthusiasm displayed by the student sitting in front. She waited a moment to let the students get set up before she spoke,

“Welcome to Alchemy,” her voice could easily be heard across the spacious classroom. “I’m Professor Sun, and you’re here to learn about the transformations possible with even the most common materials; from dirt to rock salt or from water to wood. You’ll learn about a few notable alchemists in history, and the elements in which the very foundation of alchemy lies. I expect you all to attend each lesson, come prepared with writing utensils, and have an interest in the practice of alchemy.

Professor Sun paused, double checking each table to make sure she hadn’t missed any when she had placed the supplies down.

“Each of those bags contains three things; a vial of water, a pinch of powdered newt heart, and a small branch from a Fluff Shrub. These branches are a bit damaged, and they have no leaves or flowering at all. You’re going to fix them, and then you will regrow the leaves, and if you do well enough, the small pink flowers should replace the leaves. These flower look similar to small cotton balls, so if you get something else, you may have made a mistake, and you may pair up with a peer to see if you can repair it.

Monya picked up a vial of water from her desk, and a glass jar of the yellowish-brown newt powder, holding them both up for the class to see.

“Slowly sprinkle in the powder until the concoction begins to turn red. When the color begins to change, you have to determine when to stop by watching carefully. The mixture should begin to rotate in the vial, and then,” she placed the materials down and picked up a branch of her desk, which appeared to already have been fixed by her, its outshoots of wood covered in bright fluffs of flowers, ranging in color from salmon to bubblegum pink.

“You will experiment with the application of it, and fix the branch as much as possible. You may refer to your textbooks as needed. Please take notes on your process; describe the appearance of the mixture you make, the amount that the branch regenerates its bark, and if you were able to transform its leaves to flowers. Since we only have so much time for all of this work, you may take your notes after class if needed, and send them to me via an owl. Good luck!” she finished, flourishing the branch around in the air in front of her, the flowers taking flight and drifting across the classroom in a small flurry of color, a sweet scent similar to that of pear filling the room.

[ OOC: That’s a homework assignment, since I wasn't able to post much this month... If you are able to message me your homework I will have more material to grade~ ]
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years)   The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Importance of Alchemy (Lesson 1 - All Years)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1