Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Meeting and making friends (Brooke)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Amerix Skye
    Amerix Skye
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

Meeting and making friends (Brooke) Empty
    PostSubject: Meeting and making friends (Brooke)   Meeting and making friends (Brooke) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 1:09 am

Amerix stood at the window of her dorm, drinking in the sight of winter outside. She felt restless and jittery. So far, she hadn't made many friends and she blamed it on herself and her lack of social skills. That's what she got from hiding out in her dorm all the time. Then again, she had tried to go out to meet people but every time she decided to do so, she would doubt her decision and return to the dorm.

I have to change that. I'm going to go out today and make a friend.

To make her believe herself, she spoke to her reflection in the mirror. "Amerix, you will go out today. You will make conversation although you're terrified of it. You will be friendly. It doesn't matter if you don't trust them right away and I'm not asking you to do that given what happened to you and all, you only need to introduce yourself and be friendly."

Turning away from the mirror, she donned warm clothing. Oh boy. If anybody saw me do that, they must think I'm crazy. Pulling on her boots, she exited the dorm and took a deep breath of the chilly late morning air. Taking a slow leisurely walk, she headed towards Laguna Beach. She had yet to explore the area and couldn't wait to see what it looked like. Entering Avalon Village she spotted some cliffs off to one side. Her feet turned her body there and she stood in fascination at the sight that graced her eyes.

The cliffs towered above the sea and Amerix began climbing them slowly. Gathering her coat tighter to her body to protect herself from the cold wind, she stood looking down at the rolling waves as they greeted the shoreline. The sound of the water lapping on the sand soothed her ruffled emotions and she closed her eyes, letting the music fill her ears as the wind played mischievously with her hair.
    Back to top Go down
    Brooke Astrid
    Brooke Astrid
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Meeting and making friends (Brooke)   Meeting and making friends (Brooke) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 4:54 am

Winter was one of her favourite seasons, but then again, so was summer. And autumn... And spring. Really, it depended on her mood, and today was one of the days where winter was perfect in her eyes. After getting dressed, she decided she had cabin fever and, writing a quick note to let Cassana know she was heading out to the village, she grabbed the grocery list from the table and headed out, a thick wind breaker over her shirt.

Brooke's original plans had, obviously, to buy that weeks supply of food and all the other bits, but as she walked, leaving a trail of her footprints behind her, she just had to take a detour to the beach. Lifting the hoodie up to protect her face from her hair, she walked up the slope that led to a slightly more private space above the ocean.

The water was particularly ferocious that day, crashing against the shore with force atypical to its usual gentle kisses. To her surprise, she wasn't the only one there, and she smiled a little as she recognized the witch as one from the make-up potions class. Sliding off the hood, she felt her hair take flight and muttered a curse under her breath, before reaching up and tying it in a neat ponytail.

"Hey!" she called out as soon as she was within hearing distance. Partially out of breath from the long walk, she took a few deep breaths of the cold salty air. "I'm sorry, I seem to have forgotten your name," she added, moments later, offering a sheepish smile. "We met in potions," she continued, wondering if the woman would remember her.
    Back to top Go down
    Amerix Skye
    Amerix Skye
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Meeting and making friends (Brooke)   Meeting and making friends (Brooke) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 6:55 am

Amerix was in a world of her own, daydreaming about the possibilities of how her life could have turned out if not for the boys and people who ruined it. Then again, if she were really honest with herself, they weren't the only ones to blame. She played a part in destroying her ability to form stable relationships. She had been naïve enough to believe everything they said and stubborn enough to not heed the warnings her parents and friends frequently gave. She would probably have a boyfriend now, not to mention many friends at Merlin's Academy.

She heaved a sigh and opened her eyes preparing to go down to the village to meet people when her ears caught the sound of a shout above the crashing of the waves. She smiled at the greeting of the witch, recognizing her from the potions class. There was no way she could ever forget someone who gave her directions while covered in turquoise slime.

"I'm Amerix," she said when the girl commented on her name. Amerix was one who could remember names and faces but she knew there were some who couldn't. Her mother was one of them and every time they had to meet new people, she always had to remind her of their names. "So what brings you out here on this cold and blustery day?"
    Back to top Go down
    Brooke Astrid
    Brooke Astrid
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Meeting and making friends (Brooke)   Meeting and making friends (Brooke) EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 4:43 am

The sheepish look still on her face, she nodded. "Ohhh, that's right. Okay, Amerix. Amerix. Amerix..." Grinning slightly, she explained, "I read somewhere that if you repeat a person name.. Oh what was it now? .. Anyway, a certain amount of times within like, a minute of meeting them or something, you'll be less likely to forget it." Chuckling, Brooke shrugged. "But this is me we're talking about, so not likely."

Smiling at the question, she motioned around. "The cold and bluster itself!" she answered, grinning. "No, but seriously, I love this sort of weather. Some say it's all dreary and sad and depressing, but there's just something about it that attracts me. It's beautiful in a..." Sad? No, not really. But what word could I - OH! "... a melancholy kind of way. I quite honestly love it..." She paused, went huh, and continued with, "Well, not too often, that is. Today is one of the days, however, that I adore it."

Turning to gaze at the ocean, she briefly wondered how something normally so calm and welcoming could also be so.. unforgivingly harsh. And then, of course, she wondered why she was analyzing the water of all things, and gave a wry smile. "What about you?" she asked back, adding a, "Hardly anyone comes to this spot, let alone on a day like this," moments later, almost as an after thought.
    Back to top Go down
    Amerix Skye
    Amerix Skye
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Meeting and making friends (Brooke)   Meeting and making friends (Brooke) EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:36 am

Amerix chuckled inwardly at the way the witch spoke out everything that was on her mind. How different the two of them were! And yet, Amerix was already drawn to her, drawn to her lighthearted and cheerful nature. Was there nothing that could destroy such a joyous attitude? Amerix didn't think so. To her, it seemed like this girl could go through the greatest hardships smiling and looking at the optimistic side of it. Then again, who was she to judge her? She was just seeing one facade of the girl and it wasn't fair to use that and assume it applied across all situations.

"The cold and bluster itself!"

The reply brought a smile to Amerix's face. She should be around happy people more often. It felt good. "I love winter. It's my favourite season. The cold, the ice-skating, the hot chocolate everything."

"Well, I got tired of sitting in my dorm and studying so I decided to come out for a walk," Amerix replied, deciding to leave out the part about finding friends. No one needed to know how her social life was faring. Who was she kidding? She barely had a social life. Anyone with peas for brains could see that if they were observant in class.

"The cliffs caught my attention so here I am," she said, looking down at the tempestuous waters. In doing so, her eyes caught something shiny. Taking a second look, she saw that there was a ring on Brooke's finger. Wait..a ring? Was she engaged or was it just an accessory? Brooke didn't look like the kind of girl to wear many accessories. But.. engaged so young?

"That's a nice ring you have," Amerix commented, deciding to play it safe and not mention engagement or anything that might be sensitive.
    Back to top Go down
    Brooke Astrid
    Brooke Astrid
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Meeting and making friends (Brooke)   Meeting and making friends (Brooke) EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 3:20 am

Nodding in agreement, Brooke smiled. "To be honest they're all my favourite. I love the blooming flowers in spring, and the leaves in fall. Summer is amazing to go to the beach or lakes, and winter is awesome because of snow. Honestly, I love being in this country. I mean, some don't have four seasons, and I always pity them. It's so amazing to get such variety year round!"

With a slight chuckle, Brooke motioned around. "Beautiful view, isn't it? One of my personal favourite spots, although I have a lot of those, so.." She gave a light shrug and laughed again. "I am very indecisive, if you can't already tell."

At the mention of the ring, Brooke immediately grew a few more freckles. Cursing her easy blushing - or whatever you'd call growing freckles - she grinned and held out her hand. "Thank you. It's uh," she paused and tried to hold back more freckles. Joe was most definitely her biggest weakness. "It's my engagement ring," she explained, the grin on her face very wide; she couldn't help but have pride tinting her tone.

It got her every time. To even think that Joe Astrid was her fiancée, that she was engaged to the one person she had ever truly loved - her first love, at that - was mind boggling. Quite honestly she still did not believe it, and it sent shivers down her back whenever she felt or saw the ring. Joe had really outdone himself; it was perfect in every way.
    Back to top Go down
    Amerix Skye
    Amerix Skye
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Meeting and making friends (Brooke)   Meeting and making friends (Brooke) EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 11:37 pm

Amerix listened and smiled as Brooke talked. She was sure these cliffs would very soon become her favourite spot. She was perfectly fine with that. As long as someone else was doing the talking and Amerix didn't have to dig through her brains thinking of what to say to keep the conversation going, she was contented. Once the subject of the ring came around, Amerix noticed more freckles growing on the girl's face. She thought it made her look very cute.

"It's my engagement ring,"

So she really was engaged. For a while, Amerix didn't really know what to say in response. Her first thought was that Brooke was still so young and her next thought was if it was an arranged marriage forced on her by her parents. Amerix studied her expression. The smile seemed genuine and no one could mistake the assurance and pride in her voice. Brooke wanted to be engaged.

"Congratulations!" Amerix said with a warm smile. "Who's the lucky boy? And you're still going to stay at Merlin's right?"

Seeing Brooke so happy awakened a longing inside Amerix for a stable relationship of her own. After him she'd rejected any and every advance a guy made to her even if it was just friendship. Now, however, she was trying, trying very slowly to peek out of her shell. After all she couldn't go through university not speaking or making friends with the male gender. Getting into a relationship would probably only ever happen in her dreams and that saddened Amerix a little.
    Back to top Go down
    Brooke Astrid
    Brooke Astrid
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Meeting and making friends (Brooke)   Meeting and making friends (Brooke) EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Her mind began to wonder then, bringing her back to the moment when Joe got down on one knee and time - and her heart - stopped. If either of then started up again, she wasn't sure, and yet the days were passing by, bringing the day that they finally got married drew closer. It wasn't as if they had a date planned yet, but that was how time worked, wasn't it? No matter when the wedding day was set, each hour that went by was an hour closer to when they did.

The words that came from Amerix brought her back and she smiled at the witch. "Thank you," she said softly, unable to bring herself to talk too much then - it always happened when she thought of her fiancée. Then, realizing she had to answer the question, swallowed a few times to clear her throat. "Joe Astrid. And I'm the lucky one," she answered honestly, the smile on her face and the twinkle in her eyes radiating what she felt on the inside. Honestly, no matter how many time Joe insisted he was the one who was lucky, Brooke argued that it was the opposite. She was a nobody, not a person that boys sought after or flocked to - how then, could Joe consider himself to be 'lucky'? Brooke was not one to have low self-esteem, but she was realistic, not viewing herself in too vain a light.

At the second question, she didn't even need to think, nodding at once. "If you mean for lessons then definitely," she began, smiling at Amerix. "I've always wanted to be an Auror, and nothing will change that. Of course, my job comes after family and friends, but studying here, in a place that I never knew existed until my acceptance letter came? It's a great opportunity, and I'm taking it. Joe understands that, and supports me, just like I support him. He's a Healer-in-training." Realizing she was beginning to ramble, she stopped herself there before she started on about wedding plans and things like that.
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting and making friends (Brooke)   Meeting and making friends (Brooke) Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting and making friends (Brooke)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1