Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Testing the Limits (Mycroft)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Teagan Finn
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

Testing the Limits (Mycroft) Empty
    PostSubject: Testing the Limits (Mycroft)   Testing the Limits (Mycroft) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:30 pm

The soft crunch of tennis shoes sounded down the dirt path. Teagan's route wasn't a planned one, so she'd wandered around campus, moving this way and that. Her time around the lake had been rather pleasant, and the edge of the forest.

There was a nice breeze for late October, warm but refreshing. She'd started off in a light jacket, over a tank and shorts, but when she hit the first kilometer, that quickly came off. Her blood was pumping fiercely now, and she could feel the sweat moving down her spine. She hadn't run like this in some time now, and the adrenaline was kicking in.

She passed onto the Auror Fields, and caught sight of the obstacle courses. It brought back memories of her time at the academy. Slowing her pace to a slow walk, to let her muscles relax, she smiled to herself. Dorian had been a hardass back then, too. Teagan had taken his class for the physical aid. She'd known working as freelance, which was what she'd always wanted, would be physically trying. And a bit of training wasn't going to hurt in that respect.

There were benches here and there. Making her way over to one, she unwrapped her jacket from around her waste, using it as a makeshift towel. She moved it over the back of her neck, over the line of runes tattooed down her spine. They were a few years old now, and she barely even thought about them now. But when active...they weren't so forgettable.
    Back to top Go down
    https://merlinsacademy.rpg-board.net

Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Testing the Limits (Mycroft)   Testing the Limits (Mycroft) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:55 pm

Mycroft prided himself in keeping everything on point; his mind was a palace and his body was a temple. He didn't seem like the most athletic person, especially not behind his tailored suits, and fine leather shoes, but he was more than that. Those fashion choices moved stocks in the market, they hired and fired with a snap of his finger, and woke up to a ever-growing fortune every morning. And in this fine chilly morning, he found himself away from his office, and not dressed in his suit. Instead he was huffing, breathing through his nose and sweating beyond belief.

And in every shape way and form it was the best feeling there was. His hands were wrapped with bandages tightly tied to protect him from the rope. His arms were free from the restriction and showed that while he wasn't the fittest man, he could handle himself. His tank was already sticking to him, the sweat had made it a second skin. Loose pants were the only warmth that he had from the environment.

His early morning training involved rope climbing, wall jumping, and now he was working on his last chance at cardio by running. He hadn't done so in a while, usually taking advantage of the grounds of the Holmes estate to do it. His breathing was heavy, his legs strong, and he was happier than ever. The tension from teaching, moving, and running a business, weighed heavily on his body, and this way, this was the way that he felt it slide away. Turning from the broken path of the forest, he hurried his pace seeing that there was a familiar figure. He didn't need to see her face, he remembered the dress fitting tightly enough to remember it. Smirking, he slowed down and casually jogged wondering how to exactly approach her.

"Nice afternoon isn't it?" he asked.
    Back to top Go down
    Teagan Finn
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Testing the Limits (Mycroft)   Testing the Limits (Mycroft) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:20 pm

Barely hearing footsteps through the grass before a voice called out, Teagan's head wiped up in the direction of the approaching man. Since it was a Saturday, she wasn't surprised to see someone else out here, enjoying the end of the good weather. There'd been a few students here and there around the lake, and in the courtyards, but she was surprised to see someone out here. At least in her day, students didn't tend to want more time than required on the training equipment.

But as her eyes scanned the man coming closer, she realized there was absolutely nothing about him that said 'student'. Oh, he was fit enough, to be sure. But there was just something about him that said...

Her brow furrowed in recognition. That sure stride, even in such casual wear was familiar. As he came close enough, the startling blue of his eyes solidified her feeling. They'd met at the ball, if only briefly. Still breathing heavily, trying to slow her heart, she smiled openly at the man. Must be a collegue then, she guessed. At the ball, there hadn't been any certainty. There had been alumni amungst the professors and students, family members here and there. Before she'd really gotten to know anything about the man, she'd been called away by an aquaintence from her school days.

Taking a seat on the bench, she propped up one foot across the opposite knee to tighten her laces. "You could say that," she replied. Spotting the wraps around his hands, her eyebrow rose in curiosity. What could those be for, she wondered. He'd mentioned being into potions. Strange, then, to see him out here.

"I didn't quite peg you for a runner," her tone was light, not judging. "Though, of course, I didn't peg you for a professor, either." It was a logical assumption.
    Back to top Go down

Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Testing the Limits (Mycroft)   Testing the Limits (Mycroft) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:31 pm

As she turned around, it seemed that the mask definitely did not do her justice. It was almost a crime how she was hidden behind it prior. And while his eyes hadn't necessarily been on her mask the whole night, her front was just as nice as her back. Smiling easily at her gaze, he slowed down considerably, and lifted his water bottle taking a long swing of it. He knew for a moment that she was trying to remember him, and he smirked waiting for her to catch up. Once she did it seemed somehow better. He liked how different they looked from their previous meeting. Long gone were the suits, and dresses (lovely dress) and were two normal people...as normal as he could be at least.

Running his fingers through his hair to push it back he studied her as she sat on the bench to tie her shoes up. Life was good, especially once he realized that she could potentially be a bit of an entertainment so long as he stayed here. If the talk at the ball was any hint, they had a lot to chat about. Crossing his arms, he chuckled at her comment. He didn't seem like a lot of things to people.

"Well I'm full of mysteries, if the ball wasn't enough of a hint" he chuckled, "I don't believe we even shared our names...though we shared other things" he added flippantly, "I'm Mycroft"
    Back to top Go down
    Teagan Finn
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Testing the Limits (Mycroft)   Testing the Limits (Mycroft) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 12:19 am

Seeing an interesting look pass through his eyes, Teagan tried to hide a smirk by pursing her lips. It didn't quite work. Everything about the him that night at the ball had painted one kind of picture. The sophistocated, well-bred highborn. Someone who was accustomed to getting things handed to him in life. How else could someone be so sure of themselves? She usually hated people like him. But then they'd got to talking more, and she found that she just couldn't stop smiling.

Silly, really.

Now that she thought about it, though, it really couldn't hurt to get along with someone here. So far, she hadn't really saught out the other professors on campus. With her placement in the position being on such short notice, Teagan hadn't had time to find living arrangements in Avalon. For the time being, she was staying in the provided professor dorms. They were much better than the student ones, with each having their own complete space, like a studio flat. But with classes starting quickly, and her own personal anti-social tendencies, she hadn't really mingled with others much. Maybe that was going to change.

"So it would seem," she agreed. Mycroft. She was a bit surprised she didn't remember the name, from the faculty list. It was a bit odd, but then, she didn't have much to say in that area. "Nice to officially meet you, Mycroft," she offered her hand as she stood again. "I'm Teagan."

Feeling her body return to relative normal now, she felt a bit of a chill raise goosebumps on her arms. She slipped her arms into her jacket as his words registerd. "I never did get that call, by the way."
    Back to top Go down

Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Testing the Limits (Mycroft)   Testing the Limits (Mycroft) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 12:39 am

Teagan.

Mycroft couldn't help but let a hint of a smile appear hearing her formally introduce herself. Surnames were unnecessary, too tedious, and too filled with expectations that people had after they heard it. There was no need to waste either people's times. In a way in this meeting place, both in imperfect clothing took the mystery that surrounded them that night. He remembered how he had had a bit too many glasses of champagne and had found some part of him that he had figured had died out. Interest in women had long died along once puberty calmed itself through his body. The moment he figured that his body was simply a needy transport, and control came his way he found no interest in searching for a companion. And while his business wouldn't warm his bed, it would strengthen him and create safety.

Yet in his champagne induced buzz he found himself finding the woman smart, charming, and absolutely enchanting in that dress that hid so much, yet accentuated what he wanted to pay attention to most. It was almost indecent how he had acted. Asking her if she knew what a muggle cell was and if she had one. Both had exchanged numbers, funny how he'd forgotten till she had mentioned it. Sighing he sat down beside her, close enough to turn comfortably without invading space and smirked.

"Well Teagan I believe a cell goes both ways doesn't it?" he replied taking her in, in all he glory.
    Back to top Go down
    Teagan Finn
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Testing the Limits (Mycroft)   Testing the Limits (Mycroft) EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 7:54 pm

As they both settled onto the bench, Teagan took the time to really look at the man next to her. He seemed almost like a different person from that night at the ball. Maybe it was the atmosphere, or the celebration of everything, but he'd seemed so prim and proper. That wasn't what drew her to him, though. It was the twinkle in his eye, and the openness of his approach. Looking at him now, and seeing him sizing her up right back, she couldn't help but smile. It was still there. Under the workout clothes, and the wraps around his hands, he was still the same. It was different and...intreguing.

She laughed softly at his words. "I guess you're right." Brushing some stray hairs behind her ear, she felt a strange thrill run through her body. If she'd been a dreamy teenager, she would call it nervousness. Now, she simply reveled in the way it honed her senses and kept her blood pumping. "Must have lost it then. Couldn't imagine not calling you back on purpose," she smirked playfully.

Her eyes caught on a rope course across the field that hadn't been there when she'd attended the academy. Things clicked into place then, and she had to wonder if maybe she'd guessed Mycroft's job incorrectly. "So, what do you teach, if you don't mind me asking? I know you said potions was your thing, but you don't necessarily look like a lab rat to me."
    Back to top Go down

Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Testing the Limits (Mycroft)   Testing the Limits (Mycroft) EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 11:33 pm

Her laughter was nice, lightly and all the more alluring on her demeanor. He remembered in their first meeting, her chuckle was deeper, probably from the alcohol that ran through both of their systems. He had remembered promising to call her, but the next morning, with a raging headache he forgot about everything except quelling the need for greasy food. With fried eggs, toast and a strong black coffee his world began to spin once more and the thought of a call laid forgotten. He had to be honest, he'd forgotten her, with the idea of preparing for teaching and being a successful professor. Not to mention jugging his business on the side.

He had only remembered her till the moment he'd caught her figure, and he was both relieved and horrified he never called. He wanted to get to know her, but not with the pressure that presented itself from the ball. This was a safe zone, she was devoid of makeup and he felt disgusting. But at least he felt calm, the adrenaline slowing down as they talked.

"Must have lost it then. Couldn't imagine not calling you back on purpose,"

At her comment, he shrugged. He wanted to play it casual, less enthused than he cared to admit.

"Well I'm a man of mystery I suppose." he said trying to hide a chuckle, "But if you must know, since you're dying to get to know me, I work as a potions master here. Potions are my life, and while I'm not a rat, I do prefer staying in the lab and doing work."
    Back to top Go down
    Teagan Finn
    Teagan Finn
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Testing the Limits (Mycroft)   Testing the Limits (Mycroft) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:11 pm

The shrug was a bit of a let down. Not that Teagan wanted anything specific from the man beside her. Merlin knew she was in no way ready for anything serious. Not even close. Her and men....well, she liked to think that they had an understanding, of sorts. Things were fun, until they weren't. And that was okay.

However, this potions master seemed different. Not the overly emotional kind, luckily. But almost a mix between 'interested' and 'couldn't give a rats arse'. Honestly, she couldn't decide if she liked that or not. It was his smile, she decided, that tipped her one way verses the other.

Standing easily, her sore muscles complaining only slightly, she pulled out her ponytail from it's holder, relaxing even more at the feeling. Staying close enough to get her point across, but not overly so, she smiled down at him. "Well, Mr. Potions Master. Do you think you could set your preference aside long enough to make this whole thing up to me? "

She turned then, heading towards the castle at an easy pace. He could follow, and she wouldn't mind, but it wasn't what she was hoping for. Teagan had dated her fair share of hopeless, puppy-like men. Mycroft didn't seem the type.

Calling over her shoulder, she didn't bother to look back. "I hear Avalon's still doing their Winter Carnival, if you're up for the task." Laughing softly, she looked forward to a big breakfast. Maybe teaching won't be that boring, after all.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testing the Limits (Mycroft)   Testing the Limits (Mycroft) Empty

Back to top Go down

Testing the Limits (Mycroft)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1