Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Letters [Brandon]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Kaleah Page
    Kaleah Page
    Dragon Trainers In-Training

Letters [Brandon] Empty
    PostSubject: Letters [Brandon]   Letters [Brandon] EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Brandon,

Good evening. As promised, here is... Well, I'd tell you his name, but I'm not sure you'd be able to hear me. It's a caw with a hitch at the end, kind of like a roll of the tongue.

He's one of the first crows I met. I'm sure you'd like him, if you could talk to him; do Princes have that ability? I never asked.

Well, enclosed is my schedule for the next week; as you can see, I'm busy every day. I have free time after six, but that's curfew. Perhaps the following week would be better? I have three days where I end at two in the afternoon then.

Let me know. (: As promised, either caw-with-a-hitch-at-the-end-kind-of-like-a-roll-of-the-tongue will be here tomorrow at eight sharp for your reply - if not him, someone else.

~Kaleah
    Back to top Go down
    Brandon Everett
    Brandon Everett
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

Letters [Brandon] Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Letters [Brandon]   Letters [Brandon] EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 2:44 am

[[OOC: Let me know if the font is okay. If not, I'll change it Very Happy]]

Letters [Brandon] Letter11
    Back to top Go down
    Kaleah Page
    Kaleah Page

Letters [Brandon] Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Letters [Brandon]   Letters [Brandon] EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 3:45 am

Letters [Brandon] Letter15
    Back to top Go down
    Brandon Everett
    Brandon Everett
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

Letters [Brandon] Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Letters [Brandon]   Letters [Brandon] EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 5:52 am

Letters [Brandon] Letter12
    Back to top Go down
    Kaleah Page
    Kaleah Page

Letters [Brandon] Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Letters [Brandon]   Letters [Brandon] EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 6:19 am

Letters [Brandon] Letter18
    Back to top Go down
    Brandon Everett
    Brandon Everett
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

Letters [Brandon] Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Letters [Brandon]   Letters [Brandon] EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 6:46 am

Letters [Brandon] Letter13

Letters [Brandon] Paint10
    Back to top Go down
    Kaleah Page
    Kaleah Page

Letters [Brandon] Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Letters [Brandon]   Letters [Brandon] EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 7:04 am

Letters [Brandon] Letter21
    Back to top Go down
    Brandon Everett
    Brandon Everett
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

Letters [Brandon] Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Letters [Brandon]   Letters [Brandon] EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 9:18 pm

Letters [Brandon] Letter14
    Back to top Go down
    Kaleah Page
    Kaleah Page

Letters [Brandon] Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Letters [Brandon]   Letters [Brandon] EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 10:27 pm

8:45am, Day 6

Letters [Brandon] Letter22
    Back to top Go down
    Brandon Everett
    Brandon Everett
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

Letters [Brandon] Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Letters [Brandon]   Letters [Brandon] EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 8:11 am

8:00pm, Day 6

Letters [Brandon] Letter15
    Letters [Brandon] Letter16

[[OOC: Sorry about that funny gap, had to insert two pics to cover the length of the letter.]]
    Back to top Go down
    Kaleah Page
    Kaleah Page

Letters [Brandon] Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Letters [Brandon]   Letters [Brandon] EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 4:49 am

12:45pm, Day 7

Letters [Brandon] Letter23

_________
    Letter 2

To my dearest Prince Brandon,

I suppose you can consider this one long PS, but I have something funny to share with you.

As I mentioned earlier, I was writing my reply during one of my morning classes. It was that literature one I mentioned, and since not many of the other females are avid readers the first hour of class is devoted to reading a chapter. Since I'd already studied the book previously, our teacher is kind enough to let me do anything I want during this time. (As long as I maintain my 'A' as proof that I have read the book, which is a fair clause.)

Well, would you believe it, the class I'm in now - that's the third period (11am till 12:30pm; we have odd class times) - was changed from Palace Etiquette to Letter Writing! I'm not joking, I swear. Apparently one of the teachers overheard some of the other females talking about the art of writing love letters, and how emails or texts suffice in this era - and decided that we needed a lesson on proper letter writing techniques.

We are being tasked with writing a letter to a Prince - yes, one of you - and, in turn, each Prince will read the letter and gauge us on our skills (hence my rather horrifyingly assumptiously endearing intro). The letters themselves will be strictly confidential. I know this to be true, for the teacher pinky promised.

(I have to ask; what is it with Palace-dwellers and the way they think pinky-promising is a guarantee of anything? Why, in my village we just say it outright, and if someone breaks their word we deal our own forms of punishments on them! Usually it involves not speaking to them for a set amount of time. This is, of course, among us of the same age group and generation; I certainly don't mean my parents engage in that sort of behaviour!)

In any case, I have chosen you to be the lucky recipient of my letter. Be honoured. (This time I am indeed being sarcastic.) They expect us to pass you these letters during lunch time - I suppose that means we will be allowed to visit the boys section? - and that we will receive our grades, from you, by our fourth period. In turn, we will receive a reply, which we will also have to grade. That is probably why you'll get both letters in one envelope, and it'll be in person.

I apologise for the length of this. We have to fill a whole page, apparently, with some sort of substance. I'm not entirely sure how you are grading us. I wish I hadn't already written your reply; that could have killed two birds with one stone/letter! (Sorry caw-with-a-hitch-at-the-end-kind-of-like-a-roll-of-the-tongue and caw-with-a-deep-a-and-a-shrill-w-at-the-end! I didn't come up with this metaphor, I swear!)

We were told to come to the front and collect our paper and fountain pens, as well as give the teacher the name of the Prince we were writing to (privately, thank goodness). Since it's an even number of males and females Princes and Princesses from our year, it was one each. You have no idea how pleased I felt that I was first in line, having been sat at the front desk; it meant that you got to be stuck with me. Wink

Annabelle almost had a fit (I swear she turned bright red and started spitting fire. Okay, she didn't do that, but she did stomp her foot. Twice. Hey, what can I say? Two is a magical number) when she was told you were already taken. She was near the back and had been counting on the fact she'd announced it loudly that "Im writing to my Brandon, so nobody choose him!"

Well, I know something she doesn't think I do, and so when she demanded to know who had already chosen you I didn't need to lie. I looked her straight in the eyes and said, "I pinky promise I did not choose your soon-to-be-fiancé." (How's that for sneaky?)

I am finally at the last few lines. This has been a complete and utter mess of word vomit. I was afraid that if I hadn't yet reached the end of the page, I would've been forced to start reciting Shakespeare lines!

There. I'm almost the end. Thank goodness for that; my memory for lines is awful. Perhaps that's why my play didn't go so well. (I'm grasping for straws now, can you tell?) Still, it proved I was not made to be an actress, so it taught me something at least.

And oh! I know how to end letters 'properly' now.

With love and care for you,
    Your Princess,
    Kaleah.
    Back to top Go down
    Brandon Everett
    Brandon Everett
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

Letters [Brandon] Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Letters [Brandon]   Letters [Brandon] EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 9:37 pm

8:00pm Day 7

My darling Kaleah,

Most assuredly there was no misunderstanding. I would not commit the grave mistake of thinking you have sub-par intelligence. In fact, I respect and admire you for the fact that you put your grey matter to use, unlike some women I know. xD  Although you did say and I quote, "I am not that stupid." Does that mean that you are stupid, just not as stupid as some are? =P

I will tell you my stories someday. Be warned, you may never want to associate with me ever again after you hear what I've done. xD As you've said, some cannot be shared because of political reasons but I will definitely tell you the ones that can be shared. I trust you to keep them to yourself, though. Things get nasty when the cat is out of the bag.

Then you'll just have to get to know me better. Very Happy Don't worry, I can wait until you're ready before seducing you.

I would if I could. As Maximus. He'll tell it to you straight from the horse's mouth (pun intended, no matter how bad it was).

What made it such a disaster? Did you break a heel? Did couples break up? Someone tore their dress? Was someone caught cheating? The cake exploded?

Easy there, tiger. We're not married yet. Wink

They just announced it actually. All the guys here can't stop talking about it. It was amusing at first but now it's just getting annoying. Apparently - and I'm not sure how much of this is true - we have to pair up and be on a mock "date". With a chaperone, of course, because it would be absolutely scandalous otherwise. Oh, horses and chameleons! It would be torture to be stuck with her. Would you do me a favour? Partner with me, please. I will owe you one.

Well, Maximus and Pascal (my mother's chameleon) were the designated ring bearers. There were flowers at the wedding and Maximus, who was holding the rings on a cushion in his mouth, sneezed. Needless to say, the rings went flying. Horse and chameleon chased after the ring and to make a long story short, they set off a chain reaction in the city. Thankfully, they managed to retrieve the ring but Maximus turned up at the altar covered in tar, a pink dress and hat, heels, and a necklace to top it all off. I'm thinking that last part was exaggerated more as the story passes on, though. All sorts of things go wrong at a wedding!

That's good! I've read and enjoyed the Harry Potter series, though my Literature Tutor never forgave me for doing so. I hate to disagree with you but I am most certainly not a Hufflepuff! I like to think of myself as a Gryffindor - strong, brave, courageous. It's everything a perfect Prince ought to be. ;P I would have guessed as much. The Slytherin house suits you well.

You have my utmost thanks. I'm almost finished with the book and I love it! Have you put the pocket knife to good use?

Insulted that you would question my royal status and contemplating about proving my Princeliness to you,

Brandon.

P.S. Ah, yes. Letter writing. We had that class a week ago, though I'm not sure why it was necessary. I think my letter writing skills are absolutely stunning and in no need of improvement. <-- Sarcasm.

The pinky promise originated from long ago (don't ask me how long and from where; I've forgotten half of my history lessons). But I do remember that if one person broke their promise, the other has the right to break their pinky finger. Pretty gruesome, if you as me.

I am highly honoured that you would pick me out of thirty other Princes. I must have done something amazing to be deserving of your most coveted attention. Or maybe it's just my unmatched handsomeness. I hope you like the grade I gave you? I'm sure a 10/10 is satisfactory?

Thank goodness I got stuck with you! Although I'm known for my altruism and unending tolerance, I don't think I could stand a whole page of nonsense and bad flirting. I mean, it's nice to hear "I love you's" and "You're so handsome" and "I would die for you", but too much gives me a headache.

Or you could just fill the remaining lines with song lyrics. Very Happy

Adoringly yours with love and kisses,
    Your Prince Charming,
    Brandon.
    Back to top Go down
    Kaleah Page
    Kaleah Page

Letters [Brandon] Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Letters [Brandon]   Letters [Brandon] EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 10:05 pm

9pm, Day 7

Brandon,

Thank goodness we're back to these informal ones. It felt so wrong to start a letter so endearingly; we only did just meet, after all, and it isn't like we are a couple. I'm glad you picked up on that; yes, I was suggesting that I am partly stupid. Of course, I don't mean that I don't use my brains. I was merely pointing out the fact that there are times that I appear to do things without thought. Pageant Queen, by Kacey Musgraves. Give that a listen, and you'll know what I mean; it describes me to a t!

Did you murder someone? :O That's the only thing that would make me wary of someone, honestly. That and rape. I'm confident that you haven't done either, though. Razz Also, why put a cat in a bag in the first place? Of course he (or she!) is going to be mad when it's opened. I would be, too, if you stuffed me inside a container! (I kid. I know the saying, of course. It just makes me think of Schrodinger's cat; is the cat dead if we don't open the bag? Is it alive? Will the universe ever know? Nobody knows.)

I groaned at the pun. I can't believe you went there. Razz

Actually, it started off pretty well. The setting was inside an old barn that opened out into an empty space. I went with Phil - I did tell you about him, right? We had our first kiss that evening, out in the field under the stars. When we came back into the barn, I hadn't realised it but I had stood in an area with quite a few grasshoppers - or locusts. I'm still not sure which. We think it might have been a nest - and they had found shelter in the folds of my dress. Welllll, long story short, someone noticed my dress moving and commented on it. I pulled out the folds and out flew what I swear was about twenty of these creatures!

They climbed up dresses, down dresses, flew into hair... It was chaos. I acted on pure instinct, ripping off the dress, and I ended up standing there in just a tank top and shorts - along with about three other girls who'd done the same!

Yet? Razz

Sure, I'll partner with you. Smile No owing needed; it might make it easier for me, too, since I don't have to play nice with other Princes I don't know.

Oh goodness! That sounds both hilarious and awful. I'd love to hear it from their point of view. I've never talked to a chameleon before. I wonder what kind of names they have, hmm.

Don't forget that Hufflepuffs are all that and more - they just don't get recognition for it because they do it not for fame or glory, but for the sake of doing what's right! I suppose I can see you as a Lion, though. Red and gold would suit you. Razz

Yes, I have! I'll have to show you in person, but I got some of the birds to bring me twigs and fallen branches, and I've done some wood carvings. Nothing fancy, mind you, just a little whittling that my dad taught me over the years. It gives me something to do in my spare time.

I highly doubt that our teachers even know of that origin. I mean, I can hardly imagine it being proper for a Princess to break the finger of someone else.

Thank you for that grade; I hope you are satisfied with the same thing? Having said that, I'm slightly peeved that you got away so easily with this letter writing. I had to fill up an entire page with nonsense! You, on the other hand, got to just reply my previous one! How lucky. Razz

That was probably why I picked you, honestly. I didn't know how I was going to write to some other Prince I don't know, and fill an entire page with words! Your ending almost made me laugh out loud. Can you imagine if you'd sent that to Annabelle? She's still trying to figure out who wrote to you, and she spent the last period after we received our letters from you Princes wondering aloud why you hadn't picked her! (I am only telling you so that you can prepare a response, in case she decides to actually ask you - which I have no doubt she is capable of - when we have our class together.)

Definitely not going to ever end my letter in an endearing loving way again,
    Kaleah.
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Letters [Brandon] Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Letters [Brandon]   Letters [Brandon] Empty

Back to top Go down

Letters [Brandon]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1