Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Cinderella

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Hazel Johnson
    Hazel Johnson
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

Cinderella  Empty
    PostSubject: Cinderella    Cinderella  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 9:32 pm

Hazel kept her eyes down as she walked down the corridor, letting the noise of the other students wash over her. Maths was up next, one of her favourite subjects, but even that wasn't enough to cheer her up. What had she been thinking, going to the ball? It wasn't as if she had thought anything good would come of it, to begin with, let alone with her sisters there. But the word 'masquerade' had jumped out at her, and she figured it was a good opportunity to see what went on in the world her sisters lived in.

She'd been wrong, of course. Her stepmom had found out, accusing her of 'wasting precious money' on that stupid outfit. It was all Hazel's money, of course, but she was the only one working, and it was supposed to go to groceries. She'd been grounded, and her dress was taken away. The only thing that she had left was the mask - but that, too, she'd lost, having dropped it on her way out when one of her sisters had recognised her and snatched it off her face. Nobody else had seen her, thank goodness.

She tucked a strand of dark hair behind her ear. She'd danced that night, with the man who'd become homecoming King. She hadn't known it was him when he asked, or she would have probably said no, but with the masks, how could she have possibly known it was Joey?

Quietly entering the classroom, she refused to look around, refused to see if he was even there, and took her usual seat up front with a soft sigh to herself.
    Back to top Go down

Joey Beret

Cinderella  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Cinderella    Cinderella  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 9:48 pm

Joey was exhausted from last night's ball. His eyes were tired after staying up with all his friends who cheered him on after his crowning. Their comments mainly going on about how he was getting lucky tonight, with 100% chances of getting laid by his Queen. But Joey was out before Michelle could corner him further, his thoughts focused on a dance he had with a girl in a black mask. Pink lips. Dark hair. And stunning eyes?
    What was he thinking! A bunch of nonsense about a girl he's never even met before. But maybe he has, it's a school ball after all. He must of had to know her.

All he could do now was sit in his desk, head resting in his arms. Looking forward, waiting for something. Probably for the class to actually start. Math, what a pain at times. What Joey wasn't expecting was for him to react to Hazel sitting down in front of him.

He leaned over to tap her shoulder. "Hazel. Hey, Hazel, did you go to ball last night? I was wondering if you could help me find out about this girl I met last night. You probably know her, she's mentioned being in the math club?"
    Back to top Go down
    Hazel Johnson
    Hazel Johnson
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

Cinderella  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Cinderella    Cinderella  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 9:59 pm

[[OOC: Sorry, laptop hung...]]

Hazel startled at the touch. not turning fully around. She recognised the voice at once - of course she did; she'd conversed with him just the night before - and her heart gave a lurch. Why was Joey talking to her, of all people? She was a nobody, always had been. He was popular, with all the girls wanting to be with him and wanting him. It was ridiculous to think that, even for a moment, he could want her.

She liked him, of course; which girl didn't? But that was something she kept quiet about. Her sisters were very blunt in their opinions of her, and how she'd never be anything or accomplish anything. It wasn't as thought there was anyone to disagree with that back home, either. Not since her dad passed away.

She pushed all thought of her father out of her head. That always made her sad, and she couldn't afford to start crying during maths. Besides, he had asked her something, and she hesitated for a moment. "I..." she couldn't lie and say no, but she wasn't going to admit she'd gone; her stepmom had forbidden her, after all. It would have brought down the family image, apparently. In fact, only a handful of people knew she was related to two of the most popular girls in school. "What girl?" She asked, hoping to change the topic altogether. "I... I don't know everyone in the math club."

Why had she gone and mentioned that fact? Stupid, stupid girl, she scolded, mentally.
    Back to top Go down

Joey Beret

Cinderella  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Cinderella    Cinderella  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 10:25 pm

Joey didn't know know if he called Hazel's name loud enough. She was taking the fattest minute to reply, in his opinion. But he couldn't help but notice the sudden change of atmosphere around Hazel. It was like something tensed up, inflating a red flag that marked his first steps into uncharted area. And then came the uncertain wavering of that voice. So much similar to the way that insecure voice had trouble accepting his hand to dance last night.
    "Hazel, are you sure you don't know? I thought you were pretty close to all of your members?" Joey continued. "You sound alike, maybe she's one of your friends. She had this really nice black and red dress on."
    Joey couldn't stop himself from getting flustered as he described what he remembered from last night "...She has stunning eye."
    With a last sigh, Joey sat back down into his chair and told himself that it was just his curiosity eating at him, making him speak like a sap, and search for this figment of a girl.
    "It's okay if you can't think of anyone, Hazel. I'm sure she thought my dancing was a mess lat night, since she ran away. Wow. Kinda embarrassing."

Back to top Go down
    Hazel Johnson
    Hazel Johnson
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

Cinderella  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Cinderella    Cinderella  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 10:36 pm

She forced herself to swallow and willed her posture to relax. There was no way he could find out it was her. It just wouldn't be right. And yet, she found herself wanting to tell him, to admit that it was her. What would he say? What would he do? As if on cue, she caught sight of Cordelia entering class and winced a little. No, she couldn't tell anyone.

Instead, she shrugged, hoping that it appeared casual. "I only know a few," she told him. That wasn't a complete lie; she wasn't very social, and while the math club wasn't exactly the biggest, she only made friends with a few. Her sisters had ensured that she didn't have many friends, and she wasn't going to start defying them. They had made her position very, very clear - she was second to them, and always would be.

"I'm sorry. I can't help you," she murmured, automatically reaching into her bag to remove her notebook and pencil box. I really can't, she thought to herself, as she did. My stepmom would kill me, and my sisters would make my life even more of a living hell than it already is.

"But I'm sure you didn't dance that badly," she added, before she could catch herself.
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Cinderella  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Cinderella    Cinderella  Empty

Back to top Go down

Cinderella

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    Merlin's Academy for Excellence  :: Misc.-