Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Winter Days (Open to all)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Brooke Astrid
    Brooke Astrid
    Professors
    Professors

Winter Days (Open to all) Empty
    PostSubject: Winter Days (Open to all)   Winter Days (Open to all) EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Life was good again.

She had Joe and Cassana, her course was going well, and the ache for her baby was not as prominent anymore. She had been told she would never fully get over it, but words like that only served to fuel her; Brooke knew she was a survivor, and by the skin of her teeth, she would fight for her sanity and for those she loved. And so she did. The days rolled by and soon, things were back to normal - or as normal as they could be, at least.

It was a nice day to be out - then again, when wasn't it? - and Brooke had opted to go for a walk by herself. Joe was busy with an assignment and she knew it was a stressful time for him, what with exams and whatnot around the corner. A book in her bag and a smile on her face, Brooke walked down the pier, fully intending to find a nice bench at the end of it and read the day away.

But, to her joy, someone was already there.

Never one to pass up an opportunity to make new friends, she approached the figure there with a smile. "Hello!" she greeted. "Nice day, isn't it?"
    Back to top Go down
    Arthur Silverstone
    Arthur Silverstone
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Winter Days (Open to all)   Winter Days (Open to all) EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 8:54 pm

Arthur looked up at the sound of the voice. He thought he recongized her from the Auror classes. He hadn't expected to see her outside of class. Well really he hadn't given much thought to if he would see anyone outside of class expect for Aqua. And he had thought that there was a chance he would might meet Amerix while running again.

"Brooke, right?" he asked. "Yeah it is nice." It had felt like a good day to take a jog. The biting cold air helped clear his head although he had to run slowly since the pier was still slipperly.

He smiled politely at her.
    Back to top Go down
    Brooke Astrid
    Brooke Astrid
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Winter Days (Open to all)   Winter Days (Open to all) EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 9:01 pm

As the figure turned, she recognised him at once from auror classes. He wasn't someone she had spoken to often - if at all - mostly because of her spiel into darkness during those months after she lost baby Joe. Regret rose at once, and Brooke briefly wondered how she could've missed such an opportunity; making friends and meeting people was something she saw as very serious. After all, people were her thing, and to call her a people person was an understatement.

Nodding, she tried to place his name, but that had never been her strong point and it took a moment. It came - thankfully - and she grinned at him. "Yup," she agreed. "And you're Arthur, right?"

Glancing out at the ocean and allowing the sound of waves to fill her senses, Brooke couldn't help the smile on her face. "So what brings you out here?" she asked, genuinely interested.
    Back to top Go down
    Arthur Silverstone
    Arthur Silverstone
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Winter Days (Open to all)   Winter Days (Open to all) EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 9:15 pm

"Yeah," he answered. He had never really gotten to know Brooke. Maybe it was because they had never met outside of class before. Or simply that he hadn't made the effort.

"Jogging. What brought you out here?" He wondered if she was going to go swimming. He had heard of people doing that when it was winter, apparently it had health benefits. And was mostly done by old men. "Sometimes its nice to jog when its cold out. I like to think it clears my head."

He wondered if that sounded silly. Arthur doubted Brooke would admit it if she thought it did. But he still felt slightly embarassed.
    Back to top Go down
    Brooke Astrid
    Brooke Astrid
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Winter Days (Open to all)   Winter Days (Open to all) EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 9:42 pm

The answer, in retrospect, shouldn't have been one that surprised her. After all, that was what most people did during winter. There was apparently something therapeutic about running or exercising in general, although for the life of her, Brooke could not understand it. Therapy was a good book, a cup of coffee or hot chocolate with a friend, long phone calls or Skype sessions, conversations that last till way past one's bedtime, lying on the grass under the stars, and so many other things - but not running. That was warm up for class, chasing a suspect, running from someone, and - simply put - torture.

To answer the question, she gestured towards the open ocean with a sweep of her hand. "This. The view, and the fresh air." Raising a shoulder in a half-shrug, she smiled. "The weather, the ocean, the... Well, everything, really. I just needed to get out of the house. It was too beautiful a day to stay cooped up inside." She neglected to mention the book, not wanting him to think that she didn't want the conversation or that she intended to only read. Books could wait. She was in an extroverted mode.

Nodding at his added statement about jogging, Brooke grinned a little. "Jogging was never for me, although the fresh air does miracles to cluttered brains. I do agree, though; it's nice to be out in this weather."
    Back to top Go down
    Arthur Silverstone
    Arthur Silverstone
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Winter Days (Open to all)   Winter Days (Open to all) EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 10:00 pm

Arthur grinned at her answer. He couldn't help agreeing, despite the chill nipping at his nose. Winter was beautiful especially today. But if it had been snowing he likely would have stayed inside. He had been in a running mood and he didn't like running when it was snowing or raining. For a moment he thought back to that time he had been caught in the rain and wondered how Nova was doing.

"To each their own," Arthur replied. "I know a lot of people consider running torture. Its a good way to sort out one's thoughts if one does like it." Sometimes he was in more of a relaxing mood, star gazing or curling up with a cup of tea.
    Back to top Go down
    Brooke Astrid
    Brooke Astrid
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Winter Days (Open to all)   Winter Days (Open to all) EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 9:01 pm

Brooke took his grin as an agreement, although she couldn't be 100% sure, and returned it with one of her own. "Is this your favourite season, then?" she asked. It was definitely one of hers; after all, she had gotten engaged one beautiful winter's day, right under an enchanted mistletoe, snow falling all around... She felt the start of a few freckles appear, and turned her head to glance out at the ocean in an effort to hide it. Thinking of Joe always did that to her, no matter how long she had known him, and despite the fact they were already married. No, Joe Astrid would always be her biggest weakness, and she would have it no other way.

She nodded. "Oh, for sure. If you like it, hey, good for you. My brother does. He does timed laps around our house and all that." With a slight laugh, she shook her head. "I'm usually the timer. Me? I prefer long walks in the forest, or a swim in the lake."

Brooke never meant to show off, and it never occurred to her that speaking of having so much land around her house would be considered bragging, and it showed in the casual way with which she spoke, and the genuine smile on her face. "What about you? Besides running, that is."
    Back to top Go down
    Arthur Silverstone
    Arthur Silverstone
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Winter Days (Open to all)   Winter Days (Open to all) EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 9:18 pm

"I wouldn't say favourite. I've always liked Autmn." Ever since he was a baby trying to eat the colourful leaves if his mom was to be believed.

He watched the freckles appear on her face. He had figured out what she was a while back and didn't know if she had ever been trying to hide it.

Arthur wasn't bothered by Brooke talking about her land. He was used to that sort of conversation and unlike the long winded purebloods he had encountered she didn't seem to be bragging.

"Swimming, star gazing and dancing," Arthur said. "I walk instead of run sometimes."
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Days (Open to all)   Winter Days (Open to all) Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter Days (Open to all)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1