Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Welcome Back (Brooke)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Cassana Brennham
    Cassana Brennham
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

Welcome Back (Brooke) Empty
    PostSubject: Welcome Back (Brooke)   Welcome Back (Brooke) EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Cassana was humming a happy tune.

She did this quite often, it irritated her boyfriend and Merlin knew she loved doing that especially when she would tell him after he told her to stop that she was going to have to since she had plans for the day. It was a strange balance they gave each other, but just by being in her presence she felt like a better, more mature version of herself. That was mostly because his irritated sulks had taught Cassie to have infinite patience. He'd, hopefully, changed a little because of her too (not anything monumentally because he was fantastic the way he was [never ever tell anyone she even thought that]). She enjoyed life with him.

In two minutes minutes it would be 16:30PM (5:30PM) and every time Cassie, a Healer in Training, volunteered at St. Mungo's there was always a certain patient that just tended to get straight directed to her. It wasn't like Cassie minded, the patient and her was so alike it was ridiculous in a way. Both were clumsy (thank Circe Cassie had some semblance of grace though when it came to Healing) and both were loud and talkative.

But Cassie had never liked another person more.

So Cassie waited the next two minutes out, thinking about how this time she'd definitely as the kind girl back to her apartment, in a totally platonic way, for tea or coffee so they could bond more and when the door to the room opened, Cassie grinned.

"Welcome back, what ails you this time?" She teased.
    Back to top Go down
    Brooke Astrid
    Brooke Astrid
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back (Brooke)   Welcome Back (Brooke) EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 5:32 am

It was her last year of lessons and training before she would be given an internship outside of the Univeristy, and she was still a year or so from becoming a full fledge Auror, but already she was making a name for herself as the most clumsy - not just in her class, nor her year, but in the entire course. This was received both with mock pride (she often jokingly bragged about it to her now-husband and best friend, Joe) and slight embarrassment. The latter was mostly due to the fact that it wasn't only those in her course that knew this but those in other courses as well. For example, Healers-in-training who now worked supervised shifts in St. Mungo's knew her both by sight (for those of them who had treated her before) or by name (for those who had not; she was often the subject of talk during break times) or both.

Quite honestly this didn't bother her too much and she often joked about it with everyone and anyone who brought it up. Some had even compared her to a well-known Auror who died during the Battle of Hogwarts and who also happened to be a metamorphmagus and extremely clumsy, but Brooke shrugged all those well-meant comments off. To her, she was simply, well, her! And besides, she would tell people, she was definitely not that good!

But whatever the case, if there was one good thing about this all was that she had made a new friend. Cassana Rose, one of the Healer-in-training that worked shifts at St. Mungo for extra credit (or something along those lines, Brooke wasn't exactly sure) had become Brooke's go to. The best (and, she would tell Joe, the freakiest) part was that the two were just so similar! They had clicked at once and since then, the Head Healer of the ward always assigned Brooke to her, just because.

They had been on a mock mission that had gone (in Brooke's opinion) rather well. She and the rest of her team had, after all, managed to rescue the three hostages. Their leader had given them rather good reviews, too. But, Brooke being Brooke, she had tripped on the stairs as they were leaving the place, after the debrief and reports had been given - thank Merlin for that, or she was sure the baddies would have been alerted to their presence by the crash! crash! thud! that echoed around the empty house as she tumbled down not one but two flights of stairs and landed on her head.

Taking a seat on the all-too-familiar chair opposite Cassana, Brooke grinned, wincing a little as her split lip, well, started bleeding again. "Uh, I fell down some stairs.." she started, shrugging slightly, but then stopped because it hurt to do so. "They fixed my arm already but I've got lots of other little thing... Bruises and cuts.. And oh! They said I may have a concussion? I don't know, my head doesn't really hurt as much. Well, except for the headache but I don't feel confused or anything..." She gave a little giggle. Honestly, it didn't feel all too bad. This was quite literally just 'another day in the life of Brooke Walters, the clumsy Auror' - and it was a running joke between her and Joe that one day it would become a famous reality TV show.

[[OOC: Just so you know, Brooke is covered in lots of scrapes and large bruises and may have torn muscles and ligaments. Her arm was broken but one of the other Aurors mended that before she was apparated to the hospital. She doesn't have a concussion, just a large bump (swelling) on either the back of her head or her forehead. Her lip is split, she may have a twisted/sprained ankle... And anything else you can think of, I'm good to go! Razz xD]]
    Back to top Go down
    Cassana Brennham
    Cassana Brennham
    Potioneers In-Training
    Potioneers In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back (Brooke)   Welcome Back (Brooke) EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 9:22 pm

Cassie never meant to be rude intentionally. Never.

However she couldn't stop the bubbles of laughter climbing up her throat as Brooke explained herself, she merely smiled and bit her lower lip to control herself from exploding with mirth at her friend. She grasped at her notepad by the examining table along with her wand and tucked her wand behind her ear before pushing down on the pen as she scribbled furiously all she'd heard from Brooke about her injuries. She raised an eyebrow.

"Wait did you say you feel down some stairs?" Cassie asked incredulously. She honestly could say that of all her embarrassing, clumsy blunders she had never fallen down stairs. She felt mirth attack her senses once more, and she desperately wanted to laugh, "like on accident?" She bit the end of her pen. As Brooke finished her ramble of injuries, Cassie couldn't hold it back and she laughed.

"I-I-I'm sorry," Cassie said in between chortles, "it-it's you- you're like me! I've never met someone so clumsy nor h-have I met someone so easily bruisable." She blurted out without apology as she held her stomach. She wiped away a tear before sitting up straight again, sobriety settling into her features despite the bright smile on her face, "seriously- just let me check you over, real quick." She placed the notepad down and lifted her wand.

"Omnibus invenies," she murmured waving the wand over Brooke and staring as she watched color light over the injuries. It was as previously said by the red-haired witch and so she nodded and she used the standard fix to bruises. "You do have a concussion but it's nothing I can't fix, if of course you're alright with me doing so. I'll fix the small ones first and then the concussion before we move onto giving you something for the pain."

"Sana ride," she murmured as she flicked her hand in the proper movements for it to be most effective, waiting for the exposed areas to clear up, she glanced at Brooke. "So today must've been an eventful day, wanna lay out all the juicy details? I doubt it's a boring story."
    Back to top Go down
    Brooke Astrid
    Brooke Astrid
    Professors
    Professors

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back (Brooke)   Welcome Back (Brooke) EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 5:02 pm

Raising her eyebrows at the Healer-in-training, who was doing exactly what Brooke herself did when she was trying not to laugh; so, for the witch, it was pretty obvious that Cassana found this amusing. She wasn't offended in the least, instead taking it upon herself to actually make her lose it. But before she could try anything, the question of 'if it had been an accident' came and Brooke couldn't take it and started laughing, only to hear Cassie joining her.

A few moments later, Brooke was calm enough to shake her head. "No, I thought it'd be fun to roll down the stairs," she answered sarcastically, grinning. "Not a good idea, by the way." Giggling, she winked a second or so later to show that she was joking. "Yes, it was an accident, and yes, it was stairs. Two flights, to be exact," she added.

She waved away the apology, attempting another shrug, but it still hurt and she stopped. "I know! Isn't it amazing?" A pause later, then Brooke gave a short laugh. "Okay, I should be taking offence at your insults, but it's true though. I am almost too clumsy to be an Auror. Trust me, my boyfriend would swear to the fact that I've tripped on flat surfaces... Over my feet, apparently. I still say it was an invisible stone."

Sitting still as her injuries were examined, Brooke couldn't help but glance around at her ow body, watching with interest as each injury lit up like a light bulb. "Ooooo, it's like I'm a Christmas tree! If it were December someone may actually try placing presents under me," she commented offhandedly, lightly, because she wasn't truly worried about her injuries; she was used to getting hurt. Pointing to the light above her head, which was brighter (possibly because she did indeed have a concussion), she giggled. "I even have a star!"

Nodding at her friend, Brooke grinned cheekily. "Maybe I want to keep them, so that I can collect the gifts people mistakenly put under me. All I need is to wear green, and change my hair to that colour, too!" Sighing, she pretended to groan. "But I guess I can't go around like this until December! That's ages away! I guess I'll just have to fall down again in a few months time."

Here was another part where the two were similar - they both loved stories, be it telling them or hearing them. As Cassana began to heal her many cuts and scratches, Brooke made herself as comfortable as she could. "Well, we had a mock mission today, rescuing three hostages from some dark wizards. Anyway, all went well and we got them out and detained the baddies," she began, smiling at the memory of the raid. It was truly exhilarating, and she loved these mock missions. "We had our lunch and debriefing in the room where the so called hostages had been. The setting had been an old house, three stories. It was as we were leaving that uh, well, somehow I lost my footing and went tumbling down."

Stopping to let out a chuckle, she continued a short while later. "Honestly, though, I have no idea how it happened. One moment I was on the top, the next, I was flying head over heels. Then I landed. You'll have to ask the witnesses if you want to know more, because seriously, I don't know what happened up there." Narrowing her eyes suspiciously, she jokingly added, "Maybe the stairs tripped me. Very highly possible, you know - I've never liked those dratted things!"

"What about you? Any interesting patients of late? Me excluded, of course," she added; it was her turn to look forward to a good story or two, for Cassana usually always had tales of either really dumb or fascinating patients.
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back (Brooke)   Welcome Back (Brooke) Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Back (Brooke)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1