Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage

Dorian Ashworth

Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  Empty
    PostSubject: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:24 am

Welcome to your first assignment. As you spend this weekend in the forest remember that you will be tested on your determination, creativity, and leadership skills. By that I do not mean that you will be bossing each other around. But rather than you take advantage of your strengths. I've paired you based on what you've shown so far, and I hope you don't disappoint me.

You will not have your wand with you to protect you. The reason I do this is because field work is hard, and you won't always have your wand to make it easier. Quite the opposite, often times it can be a hindrance. But despite not having your wand, you will have the items as followed:

- One tent each: You will be expected to build the tent with the instructions given. (I've charmed the tents to be warm inside to spare you some inconvenience).
    -One sleeping bag each: To keep you warm during the winter nights.
    -One canteen of water : Be smart about using it. It will not refill, you will be asked to look for water on your own.
    - One map to share. The map locates places that have fresh water, as well as some places where I've hidden extra cans of food for your group. Most importantly it has the location where we will meet up on Sunday. It's a long trek so remember to not get lost. As I said there are limited cans for you to share, and I would suggest being smart about portioning them out if you don't take the option of looking for them.
    -Swiss Army Knife: used for multiple ways, such as opening cans, to sharpening objects.
    -One box of matches: Surprise! I took pity on each and everyone of of you and gave you a box of matches to use. Be smart about it and don't get them wet.

Here are some suggestions. Pick a high ground before setting up a sleeping area. Remove the snow if you can, or cover the ground to prevent yourself from feeling too much chill. Travel by daylight, before the night falls make sure to have a fire going. And communicate with one another, communication is key.

Lastly, I want you to remember that if at any part of this experience you feel uncomfortable, unsafe and wish to go back home, send a flare into the sky and I will come and get you.

Good luck.

-Dorian Ashworth

OOC: You will be posting below about your experience during the weekend. It is expected that it will be two nights in the woods (Friday night and Saturday night), with Sunday afternoon/evening [depending on your group] to meet up and start lesson 3. You have till the end of the month IRL to finish this topic. If I see that more than one group needs and extension, this will continue on till lesson 3. PM me with any questions or if you see me in the cb, feel free to. Don't godmod, and try to be as realistic as possible. Thanks.
    Back to top Go down
    Arthur Silverstone
    Arthur Silverstone
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 2:13 am

Arthur read over the instructions, making sure he didn't miss anything. He felt uncomfortable without his wand but understood and respected Professor Dorian's reasoning on having them leave their wands behind. He didn't think they were being put into a lot of danger so they should be able to manage this. Arthur had gone camping before although he wasn't sure about Aqua.

"Err, we should probably get started on the tent," he said. Maybe it was rather obvious but he felt like they might as well get started. He hoped she didn't think he was being rude. Looking over the tent's instruction Arthur nodded his head, it seemed simple enough for them. They still had to set it up and worry about other things but he was focusing on one thing at a time. Over thinking and over worrying wouldn't accomplish anything now.
    Back to top Go down
    Aqua Parker
    Aqua Parker
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 2:25 am

Aqua lookex at these instructions too therd. She sighed when there was said no wand but she did get why professor had done it. Being never really been camping then she had no clue how to do anything exactly.

Aqua looked at Arthur and nodded when he said they should set up tents first. "It's said to put them on some higher ground. Was said that sleeping area should be there," she said when she remembered it. Tents instructions were bit confusing for her but she probably can do it, if she just follows instructions there. Looked aroynd and tried to spot some higher ground.
    Back to top Go down
    Arthur Silverstone
    Arthur Silverstone
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 3:23 am

Arthur started to look around too. The area was a bit flat but not too flat. There was probably a good spot somewhere they just had to find it.

"Oh, how about over there?" he asked and he pointed towards a spot. Hopefully he had found a good place for them to set up the tent. He wasn't entirely sure but it looked good enough. It occurred to him that they would have to move the supplies as well and he hoped that they wouldn't spill any of the water or lose the matches.

Well he hoped that they could find the right spot but wasn't currently worried.
    Back to top Go down
    Aqua Parker
    Aqua Parker
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 3:40 am

Aqua looked at that point where Arthur now pointed and tried figure out if it's good enough. Here from far wasn't easy to tell really. It was on higher grounds and also it was quite flat and had enough place probably. She decided they should go check it out.

"Looks good. Let's go take a look at it," she said therw now and took some if stuff there now. She left water can to Arthur to carry. She wasn't sure if she was strong enough to carry it. So she began slowly walk towards that place where him had pointed.
    Back to top Go down
    Arthur Silverstone
    Arthur Silverstone
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 4:27 am

Arthur picked up the water and carried it after her. It wasn't too heavy for him but it was awkward to hold it and walk at the same time. He hoped that the area he found was an okay place to set everything down.

He looked over it when he got there. Well it wasn't too bad but he didn't know if Aqua would agree with him on that. "Err, what do you think?" he asked. He held onto the water container as he waited for her answer, luckily he hadn't spilled any of it yet.
    Back to top Go down
    Aqua Parker
    Aqua Parker
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 4:41 am

Aqua looked at the ground when they reached to there. She looked around and then looked back at Arthur.

"It looks good enough. We can settle down here," she said there now and placed things on the ground. Now it was time to put tents up. "Okay. Now I guess first let's put tents up," she said there now and found one tent. She looked at instractions and wondered how to do it exactly. She have never really put it up her own. She tried to figure out how to do it there now. She sighed and looked at what Arthur did.
    Back to top Go down
    Arthur Silverstone
    Arthur Silverstone
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 7:03 pm

He set down the water jug as carefully as he could.

Arthur realized as he began to set up that he seemed to have a better idea of how to set up the tent than she did. They had both read the instructions but she was just watching him now. Well he continued to set up the tent.

Looking up from his work he asked "Have you ever been camping before?" He hoped she didn't take his question the wrong way. "Not that your doing a bad job of it now. I'm just curious."

He continued to focus on the tent. It looked like a normal tent despite what Professor Dorian had said about it being heated on the inside. Magic could incredible things though so he saw no reason not to assume it wasn't enchanted.
    Back to top Go down
    Aqua Parker
    Aqua Parker
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 1:10 am

Aqua saw that Arthur did get tent up already but she wasn't sure at all how to do it. The instruction were bit confusing for here to be honest.

"It's my first time to go camping," she said there honestly and smiled weakly. So yeah she didn't had pretty much not sure what to do. Anyways she decided give it try.

She looked at indtruction and went step by step slowly but it didn't go like she wanted. She sighed and looked at Arthur for help there now. She had no idea how to set up this set.
    Back to top Go down
    Arthur Silverstone
    Arthur Silverstone
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 11:54 pm

"Hmm, I haven't camped in a while myself," Arthur admitted. At least he hadn't forgotten how to set up a tent, although the instructions had really helped. "I'm sure we'll survive the weekend here just fine though," he added.

He noticed her looking at him for help. While he had no problem setting up the tent he didn't really know how he didn't really know how he would explain it to her.

"Err, what part of the instructions are you having trouble with?" he asked. "You look a bit confused over it." He got up and looked at the instructions over her shoulder.
    Back to top Go down
    Aqua Parker
    Aqua Parker
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 5:07 am

Aqua looked at the Arthur and then back at her tent instructions. She did get what things wa needed for it but how to put it together exactly she didn't really get it. She hade never put tent together at all. She was so hopeless there with it. "I hope so," she said there back with a weak smile.

She sighed. She did get some things needed to go together and so on but she looked at the ground, where all needed things were now.

"Em... too be honest," she started there. "Everything is bit confused, I have never put the tent together," she said there now. She had seen them before of course but never used before for sure.
    Back to top Go down
    Arthur Silverstone
    Arthur Silverstone
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 5:27 am

Well that doesn't narrow it down, Arthur thought. He had put some of it together already so at least there was that.

"Well... after putting the poles together, the frame should fit on easily," Arthur said. "Assuming we've got in the right shape and I think we do. Then there's making sure it doesn't blow away once we're done."

He wondered if she had any idea how to put the poles the poles together from what he had been doing. He gave what he hoped was a good explanation of it in case she didn't.

(OOC: I'm going to go under the assumption that its a basic store bought tent and not some really old fashioned one or something.)
    Back to top Go down
    Aqua Parker
    Aqua Parker
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:10 am

Aqua smiled and nodded her head there. She barely understood what he was telling to d. She looked at the poles and tried to figure what goes where.

She then looked at instructions. "You mean that one goes and that here," she said there and did then few of poles together. It looked like right thing to do. She hoped it was right now.

She looked once again at instructions and smiled quietly. She wasn't good with that kind of stuff for sure. Soon she had put all poles together and hoped it all was okay.
    Back to top Go down
    Arthur Silverstone
    Arthur Silverstone
    Aurors In-Training
    Aurors In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:22 pm

With the tent poles done, Arthur put the cover over the tent. It went over easily and he went to find a rock to stake down the poles of the tent. He explained as best as he could to Aqua what he was doing.

A couple of rocks hadn't been too difficult to find, although he had moved a bit away from the campsite to find it as there hadn't been big enough rocks there. He was sure Aqua was fine though. He hadn't left her alone for very long and they didn't seem to be in any immediate danger anyway. He handed her a rock when he got back, staking down the tent would be faster with both of them doing it.
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua    Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua  Empty

Back to top Go down

Assignment 1: Camping - Group D - Silverstone Arthur & Parker, Aqua

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1