Merlin's Academy for Excellence
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to inactivity, Merlin's Academy is no longer a Harry Potter RP site. It is being used for CASUAL, CLEAN RP of ANY TOPIC among friends. If you wish to join, however, please feel free; we would love to make new friends. Thanks to everyone who made MAE what it was before, and we wish you all lots of love and a great life up ahead. <3

~Lor, Mads, Lyd, and Mel~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Time

~Month: September~

Year: 2017

~Season: Autumn~

Important Info
LINKS

• MAE Rules
  • Hex Colour Codes
  • Character Applications
  • Claims Center
  • Jobs

• CHARACTERS NEEDED

None at the moment

Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) Empty
    PostSubject: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Before he accepted the job, the first thing Codey did was purchase a nice beach-front house near the University. He did not want to stay in stuffy, no doubt small Professor's quarters - never in a million years would he even dream of living in such cramped quarters. He needed space, lots of it, and a good view, too, while he was at it. Mountains, forests, lakes, hills, jungles; he had properties all around the word with a variety of sceneries, but for some reason, his favourite was always one of the ocean. That was why one of his most prized and most frequently visited residence was his island, a gift from one of the countries he had helped with a dragon problem.

Apparating to and from the University was a task that Codey deemed to physically exhausting if the place he was staying was too far - why waste so much energy when one could just buy a house nearby? So that was exactly what he did, moving in a day before officially accepting position as Professor Ellingston. No, not Ellingston, he thought as he signed the contract. I want nothing to do with my idiot father. Perhaps Professor Codey, or Professor Neal, instead. Whichever the case, term wasn't due to start for another couple of weeks and he was still settling down into the new house.

The furniture he ordered had all arrived, except for the couch, and he had exchanged a few words with the manager of the store just that morning. Frustrated at the lack of customer service he was receiving - he had ordered the custom-made couch eighteen hours ago and it still had not left the factory - he decided to go for a walk along the beach.

Throwing on a random shirt and not bothering to comb his hair, Codey left the house barefoot; he liked the feel of the sand beneath his feet. Work was not yet starting and so he did not think it necessary to dress up, not that he minded doing so. Still, it was a different kind of comfortable, and he walked slowly down the shoreline, just where the waves came gliding up to kiss the sand. So caught up in his own world - planning classes and sorting out when to do the odd job in between teaching (he already had numerous requests come his way from worried farmers, governments, and the like) - he did not even notice it when someone came up beside him.
    Back to top Go down
    Tess Holmes
    Tess Holmes
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Tess wished that she had been able to convince her daddy to let her get a home near the beach. It was beautiful, especially during summer time, the time she was now missing. This morning she'd taken initiative and decided that she would do something on her own. She never knew how she'd become so dependent on what Rhian was doing till now that they'd graduated. It'd annoyed her once she realized this was what was happening and immediately decided to be spontaneous. She didn't need anyone to do things with, she was a Holmes. Holmes got things done.

Thus in the morning she decided she would head to the beach. She packed all her things, a change of clothing, a towel, and sunscreen and decided she could enjoy the day on her own. A swimsuit was under the sundress she was in and as soon as eight in the morning hit, she was off towards the beach, a determined look on her face. Now it was the middle of the day, and she was finding herself forcing herself to enjoy alone time.

Floating over the surfboard she wondered exactly how she managed to be alone before. How did she manage to even entertain herself? "Pathetic" she muttered to herself as another waved wobbled the surfboard and she rolled off of it. Enough was enough, she wanted a good meal and wanted to get away from the sun. It was nice in the beginning but now she felt like she would get pink soon, and that was not going to happen. Getting out, she threw the surfboard to the side, and began to twist her hair hoping to get out the water that it had collected. With one breeze she knew she was cold. The worse part about the beach was the fact that she was disoriented, once she got out. It seemed her things were on the other side of the beach, the board floating slowly away from it. Grumbling to herself, she began her trek to the other side of the beach. In her mutterings, she almost crashed into a man, who seemed even more distracted.

"Do you mind moving over?" she asked annoyed as he was moving at such a slow pace.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 10:54 pm

The sound of a female voice made him look up at once, and he offered her an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, am I in your way?" he asked, stopping completely and not bothering to move aside. He ran a hand through his hair absent-mindedly as he considered the witch before him. She was pretty, but young - if he had to venture a guess he would say she was at least 10 years younger than him. Unfortunate he thought to himself.Very unfortunate.

Looking her over, he took in her wet hair and her posture and made an educated guess. "You look cold," he commented dryly, slipping out his wand from his pocket. Wordlessly, he gave it a little flick and, from the direction of his house, a towel came flying. He caught it without so much as a backward glance and, his smile turning ever-so-slightly into a smirk, handed it to the witch before him. "Did you have a good swim?" he inquired, towel still dangling in front of her.

It was too bad that she was as young as she was, because she truly was a beauty - not the most beautiful he had been with, but a beauty nevertheless. Age, however, was something he took into serious consideration; there was no way he wanted to get with anyone below twenty, for both personal and obvious reasons. Most likely she was a student from the University - or would be one when term started, at least - and he wondered what subject she would be taking. Not the one he was teaching, he hoped; she didn't have the appearance of someone who could tame dragons. Perhaps something along the lines of potions or healing, he guessed mentally.
    Back to top Go down
    Tess Holmes
    Tess Holmes
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:50 pm

Realizing that she had been rude wasn't the first thing that came into Tess' mind, but rather how unfair it was that she looked less than perfect as she had even talked out loud. He was handsome man, almost unfairly handsome, even a person like her could see that. And while she was in no way interested in the man, (she'd learned her lesson), she couldn't help but realize that his features were stunning. The thing that caught her eye wasn't his black hair, tall stature, or his suaveness, but rather his eyes. She felt herself flush at the fact she looked like a wet rat while he looked like he had walked out of a fashion magazine.

Clearing her throat, she squeezed her hair hoping she could try and look more put together. But as he made no motion to leave, she wrinkled her nose. This man was too suave, her brother warned her about them.

"Yes I believe you are" she replied simply, "I'm trying to get my things and dry off"

At the mention of her looking cold, she nearly showed the expression that she usually did when people said an obvious comment. Instead she wrapped her arms around her chest to warm herself up and nodded.

"It always happen after a long swim" she murmured.

But as he summoned something, her eyes widened as he so heroically brought a towel her way. She felt like a bitch; short tempered when he was being so...gentlemanly. She bit her lip and took the towel that dangled in front of her wrapping the large towel around her frame. It was large, her body was covered, from her chest to her ankles and she was grateful. It was then that she took consideration in answering his question.

"Yes it was a good swim till I got disoriented. Thank you" she smiled shyly, gesturing for the towel,
    " I appreciate your kindness." Stretching her hand out she introduced herself, "My name is Tess, Tess Holmes."
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 12:19 am

"I'm trying to get my things and dry off"

Glancing over his shoulder, he noted what he assumed were her items in the distance, but still didn't so much as take a step sideways. "Oh, I see. Well, I'm sorry I'm in your way," he offered, sincerity in his tone, but his words mocking. He enjoyed testing the waters, so to speak, and wanted to see how this witch would respond. It was always fun to meet new people.

At her word of thanks and explanation, he clicked his tongue. "Disoriented? That doesn't sound good at all! Are you sure you are alright?" he asked, knowing perfectly well that she was - or at least, she seemed fine. Her smile only made his smirk grow more, although he hid it well, and it looked like a normal smile to anyone who didn't know him. "Kindness?" he said, repeating her choice of words. "It's what anyone with half a brain would do when faced with a similar situation," he said casually, shrugging off the compliment.

"I'm Codey Neal. Ellingston, if you like last names; I don't." He paused, his eyes catching sight of something floating in the water, further and further away from shore. "And I do believe that is your surfboard, miss Tess." Without waiting for her to confirm or say anything, he had already pulled off his shirt and, quite literally stuffing it into the witch's hand, waded into the water. It only took him a couple of minutes to swim out and return to shore, clutching the board under one arm as he rejoined Tess on the sand. With a half smile, he nodded towards her arm. "I'll trade you this for my shirt back."
    Back to top Go down
    Tess Holmes
    Tess Holmes
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:15 pm

"Oh, I see. Well, I'm sorry I'm in your way,"

Tess tilted her head and squinted at his comment. The words said one thing but at the same time, she got a feeling there was no true meaning behind them. She simply nodded, confused at how social cues could be so traitorous sometimes. Instead she hugged the towel closer to her body and studied the man. He was well off, even in the casual wear that he donned, the brands were obviously high tagged. His hair quaffed back, treated, and the way he carried himself meant money.

"Disoriented? That doesn't sound good at all! Are you sure you are alright?"

She nodded confused at the switch of tones. People were so confusing, especially this man. But a the smile she simply hid her expression in the towel and frowned a bit at his following comment. Not everyone was kind, she'd known this very well from her previous experiences. She said nothing instead shrugged, never feeling so young and foolish.

"I'm Codey Neal. Ellingston, if you like last names; I don't And I do believe that is your surfboard, miss Tess.

She wondered exactly what he meant about that tone, but as his eyes went to the side of her she turned back to look at her floating board. She turned back to tell him he didn't have to, but it was too late and he was off. As he took off his shirt, she sucked in a sharp breath at his physique. Oh Merlin, what just happened here? Her face flushed all the more; this was a man. Oh dear. As he stuffed it into her hands she gripped it in surprise and followed his trail, her brown eyes wide.

"I'll trade you this for my shirt back."

Her hands were shaking slightly as she handed him the shirt and hugged the surfboard to her chest, shocked at everything that just happened. Her pale skin was not helping the flush of pink running against her cheeks.

"T-thank you" she whispered softly.
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:34 pm

At both of his statements, all he got in reply was a nod, and he maintained his smile, not adding any words. He could tell she was trying to get a read on him - most people did - and he decided to let her. The only difference was that she would not be reading Codey for who he actually was, but for what he wanted her to think he was. Creating a persona was something he was very good at, and so far, everyone he had ever met thought he was exactly what he wanted them to.

Multiple personalities were not hard to maintain, only remembering who saw which, and, of course, which one you wanted an individual to see in the first place. What that meant was that, as much as Tess was reading him, he was reading her, trying to figure out which Codey she would know.

As she gave him his shirt back, he let her take the surfboard with a small smirk. That had been too easy. If he had truly been after this girl he knew he would have her eating out of his hand within days - but that was not what he wanted today. He was more than satisfied with just, well, doing what he was doing. Casually slinging his shirt over his shoulder, he smiled at her thank you, ignoring her blushing features. Truth be told, it didn't really surprise him; he knew he had that effect on most females - and males, if they swung that way.

"You are most welcome, miss Tess. I'm just glad I was here or you would have lost your surfboard," he told her matter of factly, tilting his head and giving it a gentle shake to get rid of the water inside.

Finally taking a step sideways so that she could continue towards her things, he walked with her, reaching out with one hand to take the surfboard. "Let me help you. I simply cannot let a young lady like yourself carry her own items."
    Back to top Go down
    Tess Holmes
    Tess Holmes
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:40 pm

'What just happened?' she asked herself as he just came close to her. Her brain somehow short circuited and it was horrifying and frustrating at the same time. Her brow furrowed as he just looked so casual and grabbed her surfboard.

"Let me help you. I simply cannot let a young lady like yourself carry her own items."

She hugged the towel closer to her and continued walking along to her things. This wasn't right; she was so angry with herself, with everything. Confused at the fact that all the stupid stories that Mycroft told her about, how men could be manipulative in that way, was right. She hated when Mycroft was right. Sighing softly she walked alongside him, taking advantage and walking a few feet from him. The faster she got out of there the faster she could get her wits back.

"Thank you" she replied as they'd reached her items. Thankfully nothing seemed to be missing, except her dignity. "I appreciate you being a gentleman and helping me out"
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 11:03 pm

As he took her surfboard, he watched her, intrigued, as she hurried forward. She was an interesting person, that much he already figured out, and even though he wasn't looking to start anything, he couldn't help but wonder at her. There was just something that told him she was afraid of, well, boys, and, at the same time, she was upset with herself for something. Truth be told, Codey applied the same means of interpreting a person as he did when faced with a dragon; the signs were usually the same, except that people didn't tend to breathe fire.

"Are you a student?" he asked, raising his voice slightly to be heard; he had not bothered to close the gap between them, although he could have done so easily.

"I appreciate you being a gentleman and helping me out"

Sending her another wide smile, he bent down to pick up her things before she could. "Don't mention it. Besides, my job isn't over yet, miss Tess. Whereabouts are you staying? Surely you do not expect me to let you walk back to your place carrying all your things?" In all honesty, he wasn't flirting with her, instead being genuine in his intentions. If he was going to be a Professor at a University, he figured he might as well build up his reputation as someone kindly - that always worked wonders when he needed favours.

His shirt was still handing over his shoulder and he didn't bother putting it back on, not liking the feeling of wet cloth against his skin. It didn't really matter, anyway, because it wasn't as though he was naked - he usually went jogging without a shirt anyway, because it was more cooling.
    Back to top Go down
    Tess Holmes
    Tess Holmes
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 1:12 am

"Are you a student?"

Tess looked up at the man that was holding her surfboard, so casually. Despite the fact that it was her own, it looked natural against his hip, as if he could do just take possession of it and no one would second guess it. She didn't appreciate the way he studied her; she didn't appreciate the way there was a layer of friendliness, yet under it, under it there was some cunning. She'd seen them before, all in her school, so friendly, yet underneath it there lay so many things under it. His question made her nod, a simple reply, before realizing it was fairly rude of her.

"I am, the coming year will be my first. For healing. I assume based on your question you are an alumnae and based on the location so close to the university, a professor am I wrong?" she commented with a question of her own.

It was true; Laguna was mostly filled with old retirees, and the other with professors. Her brother had made her a basic narration of whole the neighborhoods worked and she took it all in stride. Also, she wished he would put his shirt back on; it was distracting, frustratingly so. No matter how much of an advanced thinker she would be, she could be brought down to a simple minded feeling.

"Don't mention it. Besides, my job isn't over yet, miss Tess. Whereabouts are you staying? Surely you do not expect me to let you walk back to your place carrying all your things?"

She looked surprised at her own rudeness.

"I-I'm so sorry, for my rudeness, here let me take it" she said softly, stretching her hands out, "I live more into the village the flats in the surrounding city. There is no need for your help sir, I can take care of myself."
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 1:45 am

Watching her carefully, he noticed her curt nod, his eyes gleaming in amusement. It was obvious to him that he was, in some manner, making her uncomfortable, and he quite enjoyed being able to manipulate people so well. When she spoke, he smirked to himself, listening to her interpretation of who he was. It made sense how she would think that he was an ex-student, but Codey had never gone to University before. His grades for his N.E.W.T.S had been too low for any college to sent him an acceptance letter, not that it really mattered - he wouldn't have gone even if he had gotten one.

"You're partially right," he said, pausing for a moment as they slowed down. "I am a Professor, and a dragon trainer. No doubts about what subject I will be teaching, come term start, I hope." Smiling at her, he added, "But no, I am not an alumni. I was self taught, you could say."

At her next comment, he hesitated. That was indeed a long walk, and he wasn't about to do it half-naked, especially not with a younger Uni student. That could be misinterpreted in many ways, and Codey was not a dumb man. Letting her take the items, he slipped on his shirt and turned back to her, holding out his hands expectantly. "You may call me Codey, or Professor, if first names make you uncomfortable," he started, smiling again before continuing with, "I am not saying that you are incapable, Miss Tess. I am merely offering my help as any gentleman should. Surely you wouldn't rob me of my duty?"

Last edited by Codey Ellingston on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Tess Holmes
    Tess Holmes
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Walking down the beach, she wished that she could live in the area, but that was not the case. Her father would never allow her to live so far away for a mere four years. No amount of whining, arguing and pouting would get her what she wanted. She had long passed that phase, as soon as she was twelve when she felt too old. It had never worked on her brother, at least not past five. Still, looking around the area, perhaps it wasn't the best place to do so. Too nice, and it was better for people that had their lives together. Mr. Codey had shown enough control, so gentlemanly, kind, even with the confusing tone in his voice.

"I am a Professor, and a dragon trainer. No doubts about what subject I will be teaching, come term start, I hope." Smiling at her, he added, "But no, I am not an alumni. I was self taught, you could say."

Her eyes brightened at the mention of dragons. Dragons seemed so vicious, strong, powerful and everything she could never be. She wasn't too faint of heart, she wasn't aggressive, the only similarity she held with such creature was cunningness. She had been told enough. Rhian was better suited, she was strong, in every sense of the word and it made sense.

"Fascinating" she said in awe, "dragons...never saw one, always dreamed of it. But could never be someone to tame them." she laughed softly, "too vicious."

"You may call me Codey, or Professor, if first names make you uncomfortable," he started, smiling again before continuing with, "I am not saying that you are incapable, Miss Tess. I am merely offering my help as any gentleman should. Surely you wouldn't rob me of my duty?"

But as she took her bags, board and everything properly she smiled kindly, ready to leave. Rhian was a lucky person to have Mr. Codey..no, Codey as a professor. Flushing lightly she shook her head.

"As much of a gentleman as you could be, and no matter how pure your intentions could be, if anyone where to hear of me walking with...anyone, rumors would grow. It wouldn't help either of us sir, but I appreciate your suggestion."
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Noticing her eyes light up at once, his smile grew wider. Was she to be one of his students? As she began to speak, more willingly and not out of politeness as before, he mentally smirked. It was always so easy to find people's weak spot and manipulate them; if he had truly wanted a score, it wouldn't have been hard to get Tess to fall. Already he could tell she had some feelings - whether she realized it or not - and he was doing his best to play it down, not wanting to start anything. When she admitted she had never seen one, nor was she studying the subject he was teaching, he chuckled.

"They are beautiful, yes," he paused, mind already going to his favourite species. "I am planning on bringing in a few of the less vicious species for a practical lesson, maybe later this term. If you are interested, you should come by and I'll introduce you to them. Not all are vicious, and you will be perfectly safe with me," he offered.

Looking her over, he considered asking why she wasn't taking his subject, especially if she was interested in dragons; the way she spoke about them showed that she had the right mindset. Instead of asking, he decided to comment, quietly, "You have to respect them in order to tame them, but what a lot of people forget is that you have to respect yourself, too. If you don't, the dragon can sense that, and then you can accomplish nothing."

"As much of a gentleman as you could be, and no matter how pure your intentions could be, if anyone where to hear of me walking with...anyone, rumors would grow. It wouldn't help either of us sir, but I appreciate your suggestion."

So the same problem that had crossed his mind, had also crossed hers. Nodding seriously, Codey smiled a little, knowing that there were always other solutions. As a dragon trainer, you had to have many options available; plan Bs for your plan Bs, so to speak, in case anything went wrong. Tilting his head slightly, hands still held out for the items, he said, "Who said anything about walking you back? Apparating is as easy as any spell, and it would be so much quicker, too."
    Back to top Go down
    Tess Holmes
    Tess Holmes
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 4:16 am

"I am planning on bringing in a few of the less vicious species for a practical lesson, maybe later this term. If you are interested, you should come by and I'll introduce you to them. Not all are vicious, and you will be perfectly safe with me," he offered.

Tess placed a hand against her chest, nearly dropping the things she held tightly against her. Dragons were beautiful, so beautiful in books. She remembered as a young child she would have Mycroft narrate them to her, making charmed dragons fly above her. When she got too old for them, she still held a soft spot and opened the book from time to time, still feeling the love there. But she would never tame them, her quiet nature usually protected by her sharp tongue.

"Oh Sir" she breathed out softly, "I would very much appreciate that, I always wanted to...if it's safe of course"

He was almost too good to be true as a professor. Even though she wasn't in his class he was giving her an opportunity to still see the magic. She nearly hugged him, but she wasn't the hugging type, she abhorred it.

"Who said anything about walking you back? Apparating is as easy as any spell, and it would be so much quicker, too."

She felt herself flush at his comment. She wasn't used to apparating; having gotten her license a few months back. It unnerved her at the thought of splicing herself. Still embarrassment was worst.

"As much as I would love the scenery, you're absolutely right. I should." she said softly, "Thank you, for everything...and" she slowly let out a bright smile, one she hadn't let out in a while, "and I'll keep you to that promise sir."
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 4:45 am

Almost letting out a deep chuckle at the way she responded to his offer, he instead kept his expression the same as before - calm, with only a slight smile-or-was-it-a-smirk on his lips. At her comment, he finally let his mask drop and he laughed. "Codey is fine, no need with the whole 'Sir' business," he said. "And, like I said before - it is pefectly safe if you go with me. I think you would like the Opaleye; that's my favourite, and it is quite a stunner. I will send for you once they arrive on campus?"

He could see now why she didn't - or couldn't - be a tamer. She was much to placid, too unsure of herself to be able to, although, if she truly wanted to, he was quite certain she would have no qualms with the job. Still, she appreciated the beauty of dragons, which was more than he could have asked for from anyone, student of his or not.

Pretending not to have noticed her flushing, he frowned when she began to speak. "You?" he asked, repeating what she had said with a casual shake of his head. "You just came back from a swim, during which you admitted you got disorientated. Plus, you are cold, and wrapped in a towel. You are in no shape to apparate. Do not misunderstand, I am not mocking your abilities as a witch."

He paused, smiling at her. "I would not let anybody apparate in such a state - even if it were somebody better than I at magic! Come, take my arm. I assure you, I will get you back unsplinched - I apparate on a daily basis." Stepping beside her, he held out his elbow, as though she had said yes.
    Back to top Go down
    Tess Holmes
    Tess Holmes
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 8:36 pm

"And, like I said before - it is pefectly safe if you go with me. I think you would like the Opaleye; that's my favourite, and it is quite a stunner. I will send for you once they arrive on campus?"

Her eyes shined brightly as she heard Opaleye. She remembered it briefly as a child, at how beautiful it was, before she could even think about what she was going to say she blurted, "The one that shines like pearls?" she said breathlessly.

Her hand went to her chest, almost, until she remembered how full her hands were, instead she gripped the things tighter to her. This seemed too good to be true, but he had told her he would. Promises had been made before that had never come to fruition but she'd make him keep that promise. Right as she was about to concentrate to try and apparate, he stopped her with his words. She briefly wondered if he'd known that because of her nerves she'd nearly spliced herself during the test.

"I would not let anybody apparate in such a state - even if it were somebody better than I at magic! Come, take my arm. I assure you, I will get you back unsplinched - I apparate on a daily basis."

Instead he was being almost too good. Was she more mature she would have already questioned it, at least have skepticism, but this was Tess. Codey was a nice person, and had no malice her way, and so without further ado, to end the social torture she was going through she shuffled her things around and wrapped her arm around his elbow, a brighter smile on her face.

"Well how could I say no?"
    Back to top Go down
    Codey Ellingston
    Codey Ellingston
    Headmaster
    Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 9:01 pm

As he saw recognition in her eyes at the mention of the Opaleye, he hid his surprise; not many people recognized the names of dragons, especially not those taking his subject. Nodding at her words, he smiled an honest smile. "Yes. Their scales change colour as different amounts of light reach it, so it cannot be said to have just a single colour. Its eggs, however, are pale grey. The Opaleye is a perfect example of how something that looks dull and uninviting can blossom into one of the most beautiful creatures known to Wizard kind," he said quietly, looking over at her.

Letting out a soft chuckle at her obvious excitement, he went through his planned classes, wondering when he should send for the dragons. He already knew which species he wanted, and it was not a difficult feat to obtain them. "They should arrive in a few weeks time, a month at most, although not all at once. Shall I send you an owl each time a new one arrives - within a few days of each other - or once they are all here and settled in?" he asked after a few moments of thinking. Either way, he meant for her to see as many as she could - he was one to support the idea of everyone having experienced being with a fully grown, real dragon.

As he felt her arm slipping into his, a smirk took hold of his features. It was so easy - too easy, really - to get his way. Honestly, he hadn't even tried! Waiting for her to settle, he gave it a few more moments before focusing on the destination - he knew which flats she had been talking about from his daily jogs around town.

The familiar pulling sensation overtook him for about a second before the two landed with a soft thud on the soft grass just off the path - Codey didn't want to risk landing on anyone out for a walk. Making sure that the witch beside him was stable, he held her arm for a few more seconds before letting go, not wanting anything to be misunderstood. "There we go, safe and sound like I promised," he said calmly. "Which is yours?" he continued, looking around.
    Back to top Go down
    Tess Holmes
    Tess Holmes
    Healer In-Training
    Healer In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 9:20 pm

At the description of the dragon it seemed all the more beautiful and majestic. She smiled softly at his words, seeming the surprise in his expression made her almost smirk. She knew she looked like a normal person, normal stupid girls. Especially now with her hair wet and sticking to her face, her make up all washed off, and her outfit barely dry from the summer heat. She was a child, trying desperately to try and act grown up. But she knew one thing that was a fact; she was smart, might not be seem it always being so young, but she was.

She simply let him talk about the promise of the dragon coming soon to campus. She'd rub that on Rhian's face and smiled at the thought. She was lucky for having a professor like Codey. As the apparated, she felt the tightening of her abdomen, she hated it. Always hated it, always will.

As he asked her about where she lived she pointed to Baker street and smiled right across the street. Turning over to face him, she pointed.

"Right there, thank you Codey." she said softly, "I appreciate your help. and I'll see you at the academy."

Not really knowing what to do, she waved awkwardly and crossed the street to her flat. This was definitely a lot more of a day than she experienced.
    Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)   Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a Short Walk to Clear My Head (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1